Certified. Compassionate. Empathetic. Supportive.
Welcome and thank you for visiting my website – it’s lovely to have you here.
My name is Ilona and I am a board certified Licensed Mental Health Counselor in NE Ohio, practicing as a clinical therapist, EMDR provider and life coach since 2017, Currently, my office is located in Fairlawn, Ohio.
I’ve helped my clients break through the obstacles that seem to be holding them back in life. Life is too short to be unhappy, unsure, or unfulfilled. I am here to help my clients achieve a more positive outlook on life, and provide them with all the tools necessary to get them there. Let me help you learn and develop better ways to handle the issues that are standing in the way of your happiness.
I believe that healing is a collaborative endeavor that requires honest caring without judgment, and I encouragingly assist my clients in clarifying their goals for treatment. Rather than adopting one methodology for all individuals and issues, I draw from a variety of methods to create a tailored approach for each individual and situation.
My integrative approach to intervention combined with my authentic nature provides a welcoming and safe environment for my clients who often express gratitude for being able to discuss concerns with ease.
Certification, Education and Training
- BA in Social Arts (major Psychology), Cleveland State University
- MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC), Cleveland State University
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) by the State of Ohio through the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board
- EMDR trained through EMDR Consulting
- Level 1 trained Gottman therapist trained through The Gottman Institute
Volunteer and Work Experience
- Volunteer at the hospice, 2014-2015 through Caring Hospice
- Case manager, 2015-2016, Connections
- Clinical counselor, anger management groups facilitator, 2017-2018, Able Counseling & Associates Inc
- Clinical counselor, art camps for kids facilitator, 2018-present, Pals for Healing
- Adults (18-99+)
- Children (5-12)
- Anxiety and stress
- Grief and Loss
- Life adjustment and Transition problems
- Relationship issues
- Motivational Interviewing
- Art interventions
- Gottman Method Couple Therapy Level 1